Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Differ From Traditional Physical Therapy?
- We provide full one hour sessions of individualized care..
- Treating the root cause of your symptoms to ultimately FIX the underlying issue.
- One-on-one 60 minute sessions allows us for shorter treatment duration. Depending on your pain and condition, the typical number of visits range from 6-12 sessions, versus the standard therapy model of 2-3x/week for 4-6 weeks. Allowing you a quicker return to the activities you love!
- Heavy focus on hands-on treatment techniques aimed at improving joint mobility, soft tissue restriction, and nerve mobility. This approach utilizes a holistic total body approach. No passive treatments (ice, heat, etc.) will be used during your valuable treatment time.
What Does Cash-Based Physical Therapy Mean?
- Cash-based physical therapy means that we are out of network with all insurance companies and do not directly bill through insurance (thought you may be eligible for reimbursement directly from your insurance company). Our patients pay us directly each visit for their 1-on-1, personalized physical therapy session. This allows us to focus all of our attention on the patient and perform treatments to focus on patient goals without being dictated by insurance rules and regulations.
Does Return2Play Accept Insurance At All?
- Return2Play LLC is an out-of-network provider, operating through a fee-for-service model. Payments are accepted in full at the time of service, including cash, check, debit and all major credit cards. All patients are provided a bill for services which you can then submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement through your out-of-network benefits.
- As an out-of-network provider, Return2Play LLC has the ability to treat clients one-on-one for the entire full hour, unlike insurance-based practices. This allows for patient care to be dictated by your unique condition/injury and personal needs, NOT your insurance plan. This allows us to spend greater time on assessment and hands-on treatment and address the musculoskeletal issues of each patient. Therefore, the recovery from injury is much faster and often times more cost effective in comparison to the high deductible and co-pays required through the insurance based model.
What Can I Expect From My First Evaluation/Treatment Session?
- For a evaluation, we will email you our intake form prior to your first scheduled visit. Your first appointment will be approximately 60 minutes and consist of a detailed review of your past and present medical history, a movement assessment, hands-on treatment, and education session in corrective exercises. Athletic clothing is most appropriate for evaluation and any additional treatment sessions.
Why Cash-Based Physical Therapy?
- Insurance companies in the United States are continually cutting reimbursement rates for rehabilitation services and dictating how clinicians treat patients. With this decline in reimbursement, many clinics are forced to treat multiple patients in the hour (this means that therapists are seeing 4+ patients at the same time) and lower patient care standards in order to make ends meet. These clinics rotate patients in and use assistants and techs to complete treatments. Patients do not receive the individualized care they need, and are encouraged to go through exercises with little to no supervision. With a cash based practice, we are able to decide how we want to treat patients as we are not regulated by the insurance companies. This allows us to provide the highest quality care for our patients, while keeping them 1- on -1 with their clinician for the entire hour, every visit. This increase in quality results in our patients getting better, faster than traditional insurance based physical therapy. We typically see our patients only one time per week, saving you valuable time; meaning you aren’t leaving work early, commuting to and from the clinic, and spending an hour here 3 times each week.
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Return2Play in Modesto
12+ 5-Star Reviews!
- Toni L.
“I’ve been working with Philip for several weeks & have noticed improvements on my knee. He knows exactly what exercises & stretch’s to help the mobility & flexibility for my injury. He also explains to me in ways that I can see & understand my progression. He is definitely worthy trying if you have any injuries. And a very personable guy!”
- Mario M.
“My son was treated by Phillip and the results have been outstanding! My son is a very active kid and had limited mobility in his throwing arm. After every visit with Phillip, his arm felt great! Look forward to having Phillip in our corner for years to come”
- Lisa H.
“I started working with Return2Play after I injured my hamstring deadlifting. After 12 weeks working with Philip I am deadlifting and squatting again pain free and with more mobility than before. I would and do recommend Return2Play to anyone who is looking to enjoy physical activity without pain.”